Xiaomi’s MIUI custom ROM is one of the most popular amongst smartphone customers. This is due to its extensive presence in the budget segment. There is not any doubt that Xiaomi smartphones are great value for money when it comes to the hardware.
However, when you take a look at the software experience, it seems MIUI has taken a step back in terms of the user experience.
This is it is largely because of ads, bloatware and push notifications.
Having said this, there is a means out and you’ll be able to eliminate most of the ads from your Xiaomi device.
So without further delay, let’s go ahead and learn how to disable ads in Xiaomi Devices and also push notifications.
1. Disable Push Notifications in Xiaomi
First, let us disable Push Notifications from Xiaomi before we head to advertisements and bloatware.
Now, Push Notifications are throughout the default browser along with other native programs that are fairly annoying. They push improper content alarms and irrelevant ads.
- When you’re alerted with a notification that is irreverent, do not dismiss it. Alternatively, Tap and Hold on the notification and toggle the option and tap “Done”. This is the easiest and the fastest means to obstruct push notifications from MIUI 11.
2. But if you would like to inspect each of the programs and disable notifications, then open “Preferences” and browse into the “Notifications” menu. Here, you can disable notification for a particular app. You should disable notifications for Browser, Dailyhunt along with Mi Video since they’re the individuals who send notifications.
2. Disable Ads in System Apps and Settings
Now, we will disable advertisements from MIUI 11 in apps like Mi Video, Browser, File Manager. Xiaomi has assured that it is bringing in a button to disable system level advertisements, but now, this feature does not come on MIUI 11.
1. First, Go to Settings and then proceed to “Passwords and Security“. Open “Authorisation and revocation” and then disable the toggle to get “MSA“. MSA stands for MIUI System Ads and it is responsible for pushing advertisements and collecting information. At first attempts, it will not get deactivated. Try 4-5 times and MSA will probably be switched off.
2. Now open the apps that show your advertisements and turn off their recommendations. To do so, open the “Security and Privacy” menu then disable “Personalized services“.
3. To disable advertisements at Mi Video, start the app and go to”Preferences“. And, turn off the toggle’s of “Online Recommendations” and “Push notifications“. By this method, you can disable advertisements in every app in MIUI 11.
5. To disable the Lock Screen Ads in the “Wallpaper Carousel“. Open Settings, then go to Lock Screen and click on Wallpaper Carousel and Disable the toggle for “Turn on Wallpaper Carousel”.
6. Lastly, you can disable customized advertisement recommendations to protect yourself from web tracking. Open Settings, go to Security and Password, then click on Privacy and scroll down and open “Ad Services“. Disable the toggle here and you’re done.
3. Uninstall Bloatware out of Xiaomi Devices
You have disabled ads from these native Xiaomi Apps. But, what if you want to remove these apps permanently.
Actually, Xiaomi has removed the choice to disable these programs, which has been available on previous versions of MIUI. And of course, Xiaomi – such as many different OEMs – bloats with background Facebook Services and other tracking apps.
From a privacy standpoint, this has consequences as you are in charge of your own information.
For example, Even when you delete the Facebook program, it may still stay active in the background and then gather your information without your permission. In addition to this, these background services can’t be disabled by you.
Therefore, to remove this bloatware out of the Xiaomi smartphone, you need to eliminate these programs, follow the guide below.
- How to Auto-Delete Your Inactive Google Account
- How to Unblock Websites and Bypass Secured Networks
- List of Smartphones that Support WiFi Calling (Jio/Airtel)
1. To start with, install ADB on your computer and smartphone. You need to put some commands in ADB in order to remove those applications.
2. Download the Xiaomi Debloater. It is a utility that could help you remove apps in a couple of clicks. By using this you do not need command lines.
3. Now, Connect the Debloater and your smartphone to your PC. The software will automatically find your device. Now, Simply pick the application name and then click the “Uninstall” button and you’re finished.
Also make sure that whether to uninstall a program or not, go to XDA Forums and find the safe-to-uninstall apps from MIUI.
Conclusion on Disable Ads in Xiaomi Devices
These we some of the methods to disable Ads in Xiaomi devices. We hope that you have completely removed all the bloatware and ads from MIUI.
Method one and two are best for casual users who do not know much about computer stuff. Method three is the best among others but requires some computer knowledge.
Also, if you have any problems regarding the Steps, comment down below and we will get back to you.