Xiaomi has recently announced the new MIUI 12 and released the first closed beta for its android devices. Now, we know that these beta are first released in China and then distributed to the rest of the world.
Due to this, many people are unable to experience MIUI 12. But, you can install MIUI 12 on your Xiaomi device by our method.
￼￼Also, we have already given out the list of best MIUI 12 features, So you can take a look at the best features that Xiaomi has offered.
Now in this article, we have given the links to download the MIUI 12 ROM and a STEP-BY-STEP guide to help you with the installation process.
So, Let’s Get Started…
MIUI 12: The Prerequisites
Before we get into the installation process, there are some requirements that you must fulfil before installing the MIUI 12 ROM on your Xiaomi device.
- First, your Bootloader has to be unlocked. If you have not done this before, then follow this guide to do so. You can also sign-in with a Mi Account that you have used for unlocking bootloader in the past. Also, unlocking the bootloader will erase all the files and data from your Xiaomi device, so back up all the files and folders.
- Second, you need to set up ADB on your computer.
- After this, download the TWRP Recovery from the official website for your device.
Now, If you have already done the above steps then you can proceed with downloading the MIUI ROM for your android device.
Download MIUI 12 ROM for Any Xiaomi Device
Look for your device name and download the zip file next to it.
Now, the ROM’s for K20 Pro, K20 and Poco X2 need some edits to work in Indian variants of Smartphone, So follow the guide below to do the edits.
|Device Name||Download Link|
|Redmi K20 Pro||Download|
|Redmi K20 / Mi 9T||Download|
|Redmi K30 / Poco X2||Download|
|Redmi Note 8 Pro||Download|
|Redmi Note 7 Pro||Download|
|Redmi Note 7 / 7S||Download|
|Redmi Note 5 Pro||Download|
|Redmi K30 5G||Download|
|Mi 10 Pro||Download|
|Mi Note 10||Download|
|Mi 9 SE||Download|
|Mi 8 Lite||Download|
|Mi Mix 3||Download|
|Mi Mix 3S||Download|
MIUI 12 ROM Compatibility for Indian Smartphones
In India, devices such as K20 Pro, K20 and Poco X2 have the same internal software as the Chinese version. But, the codename of the Indian version is different.
For reducing any chances of instability, we have to changes those codenames. In K20 Pro the codename
raphael has to be changed to
raphaelin, and in the K30 Pro or the Poco X2, the codename
phoenix has to be replaced with
As you can see, we just have to add an in at the end of the Chinese codenames. After doing this, Chinese ROM will become compatible with the Indian variants of smartphones.
To avoid the errors while installing MIUI 12, change the codenames by following the steps below:
1. Download the MIUI 12 ROM for your device from the above links. Try to use a computer for better workflow.
2. Now, Extract the MIUI 12 ROM by using the WinRar. To do so, right-click on the downloaded file and click on “Extract Here”
3. After the file extracts, open the extracted folder and proceed to META-INF >> com >> google >> android. Now, on this page Right-click on “updater-script” and open it with “Notepad” or any other text editor.
￼4. At the very first line, you will see the codename. Now, add in at the end of the codename.
￼￼5. Next, click on “File” and save it or alternatively “Ctrl+S” and close the text file.
￼6. Now move back to the parent folder and select all the files and folder. Then Right-click anywhere and choose “Add to archive”.￼￼
7. Choose the Zip option as the archive format. Click on the “OK” button.￼￼
8. A new zip file will be added in the parent directory. Now, move this zip file to your smartphone to proceed with the MIUI 12 installation.
Install MIUI 12 on Any Xiaomi Device
By this time, you would have successfully downloaded the MIUI 12 for your android device. Before proceeding further, make sure to take a backup of all your data because we are going to wipe out the smartphone.
1. Move the MIUI 12 ROM to your Xiaomi Device.
2. Now, connect the smartphone with your computer and open ADB. Type the following commands in the window to boot your device into the Fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
3. Now, when you are in Fastboot mode, run fastboot devices command to check the list of connected devices. You will be able to see the serial number of your Xiaomi device.
4. Run the following command in the terminal to install TWRP. Also, rename the TWRP file to recovery and place it in the same ADB folder.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
5. After the TWRP is installed, remove the smartphone from the computer. Now, press and hold Volume Up and Power until the phone reboots into TWRP recovery mode.
￼￼6. Now in TWRP, go to Wipe and then Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik, Cache, System, Data, and Vendor. Make sure to not select any other options. And then, swipe to wipe all the data.
7. After this, Go to the “Install” tab and select the compressed MIUI 12 ROM file and swipe to install.
8. After the installation finishes, again go to go to Wipe and then on Format Data. Now type
yes and the device will be erased completely. This is an important step to break the encryption loop.
9. Now, Click on “Reboot System” and you’ll be rebooted to the new MIUI 12 ROM.
Also, if the TWRP shows “No OS installed” error. Just reboot the system and you’ll be booted into the MIUI 12. So, no worries.
Summing-up the Post
MIUI 12 is one of the best Xiaomi updates to this time. And, we are eagerly waiting for the stable releases. This current closed beta has some bugs which can annoy you from time to time. But, we still recommend you to use the MIUI 12 just because of its great features.
We have updated the list of Xiaomi device receiving MIUI 12 update in the future. So, make sure to check them for the date of the stable release for your smartphone.
So, this is how you can install the MIUI 12 and experience the amazing new features on your Xiaomi device, We have provided all the guides and links to the software needed to install the MIUI 12 successfully on your device.
But still, if you have faced any problems by following this guide or you need any kind of assistance. Feel free to comment down below and we will reply with the solutions to them as soon as possible.
Thanks for reading