A lot of smartphones these days come with a junk of bloatware like Cleaners, third-party App Stores, Antiviruses and more. And these bloatware consumes a lot of RAM, battery and processing power. Also, we cannot trust the data we enter into these applications.
Also, you don’t have the option to remove the bloatware applications normally. So, we are going to show you a STEP-BY-STEP guide to remove bloatware from android phones without any root.
Mobile manufacturers partner with software developing companies to pre-install their applications on smartphones and make them system apps, which makes it harder to uninstall these apps and requires admin access to remove them from smartphones. So, here we are with the tricks to remove bloatware from android by using ABD commands.
How to Set up ADB?
Before you proceed further, we need to set up the Android Debugging Bridge (ADB) to get started. You can do so by following this GUIDE to set up ADB without any issues.
Just follow the link and you’ll get the step by step instructions and you can then proceed to the next steps.
Remove Bloatware without Root
Now, we are going to show you multiple methods for uninstalling bloatware from android devices. First, we are going to show you a universal method that will work on any android phone irrespective of the manufacturer.
Then, we also have particular methods to remove bloatware on Samsung, Xiaomi, and Poco devices. This method requires automated tools that will do the work in a few clicks.
So, Let’s Get Started…
How to Remove Bloatware from Any Android Device
- First, you need to connect the Smartphone with the PC. Then type
in the Command Prompt (CMD) or PowerShell and hit Enter. Now, your android device serial number will begin to show and you’re good to go for the next steps.
- Now, you have to find the package name of the application you want to remove. You can do so by installing this app- App Inspector (FREE) on your phone. Open the App Inspector app and then select the app you want to remove from your smartphone. The package name will show on the top of the page.
- Now, on your PC, type the following command to uninstall bloatware.
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 <name of package>
You will have to type the application package name in place of <name of package>. For Example-
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.katana
The app will be removed from the device instantly.
By using the above step you will successfully remove all the unwanted apps from your android device without any issues. You will have to follow the steps multiple times to remove a number of applications.
Also, you must take care of not removing any core android app which may result in unstable behavior of the phone. So, you have to careful while removing any app.
- How to Install Google Camera 7.3 on Any Android Device
- Redmi K30 Pro Review: What to Expect from this Smartphone?
- How to Install Chrome OS on Your PC in 2020!
How to Remove Bloatware on Xiaomi and Poco Devices
So, In this method, we are going to use an application on our PC to remove all the bloatware. For this, you’ll have to enable ADB from the Developer Options.
To do so, Go to Setting and then in About Device, tap the MIUI version for 7-8 times. This will enable the Developer Options. Now, go back to Settings and open Additional Settings, and then open Developer Options. Scroll down and enable the USB Debugging in the Developer Options.
- First, download the Xiaomi ADB Fastboot Tools app from GitHub. And then install it on your PC.
- Now, connect your device to the PC and open the application. You will get a pop-up for USB Debugging on your android device. Allow the USB Debugging from the Smartphone and you’ll see the status of application changed to Device found.
- Now, all the apps from the Android device will begin to show on your PC. Select the apps which you want to uninstall and then click on the Uninstall button. With this, all the bloatware will be removed from your device.
- After, successfully removing the apps, disconnect the device from PC. Then, restart the smartphone to see the changes.
You will still receive all the OTA updates from the manufacturer. So, don’t worry about it. But, with the updates, these bloatwares might get installed on your device again. So, you’ll have to repeat the process again.
However, these are some easy steps which remove all the unnecessary application from your android device. So, you can repeat these steps very easily.
How to Remove Bloatware on Samsung Devices
Now, to remove bloatware from the Samsung device, you need to install an application- Package Disabler Pro (PAID) from the Play Store. This app removes the unwanted application in just a few taps.
This method does not require any PC. Instead, you have to give Device Administrator privileges to the app in order to uninstall apps. So, go ahead with steps or follow the universal method if you have any problems with this method.
- Download the Package Disabler Pro (Samsung) app from the PlayStore and install it. Now, select all the apps you want to remove and they will be disabled. To confirm, tap the dashboard section and you’ll see all the disabled applications.
- You can also disable the bloatware by using the XML file. This will help you in finding and removing all the bloatware apps. This XML file has all the bloatware which is safe to uninstall. Contributed by BAYmustafa96 on XDA (Download).
- To import the XML file, tap on the three-dot menu and open ‘Import from XML‘ option. Now, select the XML file from the downloads folder and tap on Import. And, all the bloatware will be removed easily.
Conclusion: Remove Bloatware from Android without Root
Well, this was our guide to remove bloatware from android without any root access. We hope, this has helped you in removing the bloatware applications from your smartphone.
If you face any issues regarding any of the steps, comment down below and we will get back to you soon.